If you’ve ever thought to yourself, “how can I lose weight without dieting?” – try this out.
Here’s an experiment I tried in high school that produced insane results. It utilizes the science of your body.
The best part is?
You don’t have to change your diet and you don’t have to count a single calorie.
So what is this miracle method to losing weight without dieting?
Its pretty simple.
Our bodies take 20 minutes to realize that it’s getting full.
With that logic, if you start eating at a slower pace, your brain will automatically know when to stop eating.
Now the way I did it, instead of looking at the clock while eating, I just chewed my food 15-20 times before swallowing.
I still ate the food I wanted, I just naturally ate less.
When i first tried this idea, I came up with it naturally. Turns out there was a study done on the exact same thing.
Led by researcher Kathleen Melason from the University of Rhode Island, her team took 30 college-age women and had them eat a bowl of pasta on two separate occasions.
- Using a big spoon – instructed to eat as fast as they could without pauses in between bites.
- Using a small spoon and instructed to take smaller bites, chew 20-30 times, and place the spoon down before each bite.
Results: Eating fast, they consumed 646 calories in 9 minutes. Eating slow, they consumed 579 calories in 27 minutes.
Nearly a 10% decrease, just by changing the speed at with they ate.
The women also reported enjoying their food more in the process. Lose weight, enjoy your food more, and be satisfied.
Give it a try for a week.
If you see results, try it out for a month. Let me know how it goes!
Like This Post? Share it!
For more tips on how to improve your health, make sure to check out the following:
- Why Intermittent Fasting Works – And Why Every Fitness Expert Is Doing It
- What is Kinobody Greek God? – Review and Results After 1 Year
- Bodybuilding Nutrition 101: Learn the Secrets to an Effortless Six Pack