If you’ve ever wondered how to do backflips, here’s where to start.
Now here’s a disclaimer: not everyone can learn it in a day and it’s not because of fear.
It actually took me a few months to land my first backflip and it’s simply because.. I wasn’t strong enough.
At the same time, you don’t have to be extremely athletic but it definitely helps if you live an active lifestyle.
The fastest way to learn is to actually have a spotter. Ideally, two. Mainly because the fear is easier to overcome since you can just jump up, lean back, and they’ll throw you over. This also trains you to get used to the motion.
If you don’t have a spotter, you can still learn it on your own. Ideally, bring a mattress outside and start there but if you only have grass, you can still learn.
I honestly started on a Winter day with about a foot of snow so snow works too if you’re reading this in the Winter.
Here’s a video I made going step by step on a simple and straightforward way to start learning how to do backflips:
Here are the steps listed in the video after learning the form:
- Practice some back rollovers
- Practice the one arm back handspring things
- Go for it!
- The best way to get over the fear is by actually going for it, not dying, and realizing it’s not as scary as you think. (Unless you don’t commit in which case you’ll land on your head)
- Once you do it once, you HAVE to keep doing them before your brain can think. Five is a good amount to go for. If you have the stamina and adrenaline, do ten!
- If you conquered the fear and are able to do them but you’re still not landing them yet or you’re landing on your knees, it just means your legs need more strength. Continue practicing at least once a day and eventually, you’ll land your first backflip.
And this it! If you still don’t how to do backflips leave me a comment on YouTube, let me know where you’re getting stuck and I’ll help guide you through it.
Like This Post? Do Me a Favor and Share it!
For more tips on how to improve your life, make sure to check out the following:
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel
- Learn How I Make Over $10,000 a Month Working Less Than an Hour a Day
- How to Start Your Own Blog and Make Money: The Complete Guide
- Random Skills to Improve Your Life